Motor Car Shed
The Motor Car Shed was a vital part of railway workers history as it was used year-round during the 1940's up until the late 1970's by CPR sectionmen and foremen.
The foremen’s job was to keep track of trains passing through their assigned section, as well as writing the daily reports. The sectionmen would normally be paired into groups of two and their job was to maintain approximately 20 km of track. All tools required to maintain the track were kept in the wooden building. Common tools included sledgehammers, track chisels used to cut the track as well as split apart damaged nuts and bolts, pickaxes and spiking hammers.
Two double doors would open to store the motor car. A small area inside the shed included a stove, table and chairs which allowed the workers to eat their lunch on-site.
Located at the West end of the McAdam Railway Station this motor car shed has been fully restored and is the newest featured exhibit.
LOCATION: WEST END OF THE MCADAM RAILWAY STATION